Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Life in Scotland

We have been in Scotland almost 2 years. It has gone by so fast! I was thinking the other day about how much we have adjusted to life here. Sometimes I surprise myself by the things I do and say. Here are just a few.

You know you've adjusted to life in Scotland when...
-You walk into the creche (nursery) at church and say "Hiya."
-The salesperson at the store asks if you want a bag for your things and you reply "No thanks, I'll just pop them in the buggy." Translation: I'll put them in the stroller.
-Your walking outside in a t-shirt and jeans thinking "I am so hot!" and it is only 65 degrees.
-For 6:30, You say half six instead of six thirty.
-Your grandma comments on how the paper towel rolls are smaller than in the States, and you have totally forgotten that they were any different.
-Your husband says "Perhaps we could...." (or maybe that is just the PhD studies).
-You say you will "phone" someone instead of "call" them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow 2 years, seems like just yesterday ya'll left. Yeah, we completely understand the being a little different and adjusting to life overseas. We are somewhat scared of returning to the states because we are going to totally be out of place. Oh well. Love you guys!

Barb said...

Made me laugh when I read "Hiya." I picked that up really quickly over there and still find myself saying it as I pass people in the halls at work. I miss you guys, but I guess I'll just take this opportunity to say hiya to you.