Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Bonfire and Fireworks

On Saturday night we went to a bonfire and fireworks with our friends Kenny and Judith. The 5th of November is the Guy Fawkes celebration. Guy Fawkes tried to blow up the English Parliament and, as a result, kill the king. Guy was caught and executed. So every year they celebrate the fact that he was captured with a bonfire in which a figure of Guy is burned. There is a joke about whether they are celebrating the fact that he was captured or that he attempted to do away with the government. Either way, it was good fun for us. The bonfire was huge and we enjoyed the warmth it gave. Andrew was not scared by the loud boom of the fireworks. He just watched them and smiled.





This week I made a pumpkin pie from scratch. You can't buy canned pumpkin here so I bought a pumpkin and made my own puree. I was very nervous about making my own crust because it seems really difficult. However, it came out really good. I am savoring every bite!


Daddy and Andrew being funny. It is a laundry basket, not a trash can.

3 comments:

Barb said...

The bonfire looks like lots of fun. Andrew is adorable, and he looks so much like Jason.

Anonymous said...

hey guys what's a trash can?

Jason said...

You know...a bin :)